Your user account password is the password that you use to Log On to Windows Vista™ when your computer starts up or when you resume back to the desktop from a power saving state, such as Sleep mode. Changing your password regularly is a good habit to help keep your computer secure.
To Change A User Account Password
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on User Accounts.
- Now click on Change your password.
- If you already have a password, enter it in the Old Password field, otherwise, leave it blank.
- Enter your new password in the New Password field and also in the Confirm Password field.
- Now click on the Change password button to confirm your changes.
- Note: You must use your new password to log on to Windows Vista from this point forward.