The Start Menu has a totally new design within the Windows Vista™ operating system. Although you can configure it back to the same layout we had in Windows XP, for this tip we will leave it alone. Therefore, follow these steps to Run or Launch a Program using the new Start Menu layout.
To Run Or Launch A Program
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- If the program is not listed in the Start menu, then click on All Programs.
- This will display all programs that are installed on your computer.
- Now click directly on the program you want to run or launch.
- Windows Vista will then run the program that you clicked upon.