UDMA is an abbreviation for Ultra Direct Memory Access. It is a hard drive specification that provides up to 33 MB/sec transfer rates from storage devices connected to the EIDE bus. UDMA requires a supported motherboard (or UDMA controller card add-on), a UDMA-compatible drive, and a supported operating system. An updated specification, known as UDMA/66 provides performance comparable to much more expensive Ultra Wide SCSI 2 drives, with up to 66 MB/sec transfer rates. UDMA was updated to a new spec known as UDMA/100 and supports transfer rates of 100 MB/sec.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!