ZIF is an abbreviation for Zero Insertion Force. In the early days, it wasn't always easy to get a Central Processing Unit (CPU) into or out of a friction fit socket without bending the pins or chipping the Processor. The ZIF socket has a small lever on the side of it. When you lift the lever, the CPU will just drop in, and as the lever is closed, even pressure is applied to the pins of the processor.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!